Synge Street Primary School has been part of the Home School Community Liaison Scheme for many years. The scheme is based on a partnership between the school the home and the community all working in the best interests of the pupils and their families. We have a dedicated full time Home School Liaison Teacher whose job it is to provide the necessary link between home and school!
The Home Liaison Co-ordinator (Mr. Barry Finn) is available from 8.50 a.m. to 2.30 p.m. each school day. Please phone or leave a message at 01 478 4316.
The HSCL co-ordinator works with parents/guardians in the following ways:
- visiting parents/guardians in their homes
- bringing parents/guardians in to the school to attend courses, talks or meetings
- actively involving parents/guardians in their children’s education
- encouraging closer ties between teachers and parents
- introducing parents into the classroom/joint projects with teachers (We have successfully ran initiatives such as “shared reading” and “maths for fun” which all involved teamwork between home and school).
We are a welcoming school which believes that parents are the child’s primary educators. We strive to invite and include parents in all areas of their child’s education and as such do not hesitate to invite parents into the school environment. We have a newly refurbished Parent’s Room (see photo above ) which you are free to drop into at any time. We also would like to establish have a Parents’ Council over the coming school year 2017/18.
The Breakfast Club is open each school morning from 8.50 a.m. to 9.10 a.m. Pupils may avail of juice, toast and cereal. This service is FREE to all children. The Breakfast Club is funded by the School Completion Programme (SCP) and is co-ordinated by Ms. Erica Butler. Phone enquiries to the Primary School 01 478 4316 or the Secondary School 01 478 3998.
A homework club each school day from 2.30 p.m. to 4.00 p.m. provides a learning environment for boys in which to do their homework and study. Sandwiches and juice are also provided FREE of charge each day from Monday to Thursday.
If you would like to contribute to the Primary School’s Parents’ Council by becoming a member please phone the HSCL coordinator on 01 478 4316.